Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MIA - Regrets

The short, I was silly and pushed myself too much too fast.  The result?  An old injury made it's self very well known.  Unfortunately, during recovery I lost my motivation.  I spent the following months walking the treadmill and having no desire to push myself.  "I don't want to hurt myself again."  I have been kicking myself for giving up but have done little to rectify the situation.

Then, Friday came.  I had no children but my own and before I knew it I had ran 2 miles on the treadmill.  My pace was not great but I was pleased.  This weekend, several friends crossed the line at The Hottest Half and I was inspired.  If they can do it - what's my excuse?

Last night I ran outside with a pace of 15:09.

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know." ~John Collins,Ironman founder

No comments:

Post a Comment