Friday, February 18, 2011

Shoes Glorious Shoes!

First let me say, I LOVE SHOES!  I had a pretty bad shoe fetish before my obsession moved to dinosaurs and crafty kid projects.  My biggest love was heels and since having my oldest, who is now 3 1/2, I have hardly worn them. I always picked my shoes on their cuteness factor and the pain....it was worth it.  Not anymore.  These days, you will find me in my favorite pair of Birkenstock or my Old Navy Flip flops.   I love their $1 flip flop sale!  Actually.....I love sales in general.

I am now trying to relearn how to pick my shoes.  I need to look for function. Why?  As I have learned the hard way, shoes can literally make or break your run and you.  I have a few physical and genetic issues that I need to take into consideration as I pick my shoes.  To start, I have developed Plantar Fasciitis.  In short, I have a lot of pain in my right heel that makes it hard to walk in the morning.  I was also blessed with bad knees and fat genes from my Mother's side.  I am sure all three of these go hand in hand with the fat genes being the cause.  

Anyways, I have been doing a lot of research when it comes to what will suit my needs best.  Yes, I have been distracted by some really cute green and pink sneakers.  Shhh!  In the end, I want to start out prepared and avoid injuries as much as possible.  So what shoe am I going with?

ASICS Women's GEL-Foundation 9 Running Shoe
I can't wait for them to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment